Fayetteville Technical Community College is committed to making its website accessible to all users, which includes those with special needs or disabilities. FTCC’s website has been designed to meet all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Disability Support Services
Fayetteville Technical Community College is committed to the equality of educational opportunities for qualified students and provides academic and technology resources to support student success while pursuing academic goals. Support services are provided for all registered students (day, evening, and online) with physical, psychological, or learning disabilities, but it is the responsibility of the student to request accommodations and provide appropriate documentation of the disability.
Prospective DSS Students
- Complete the electronic intake packet form by adding the appropriate supporting document(s).
- Please find the Medical documentation guidelines here.
- Once we have received your intake packet and supporting documentation, your information packet will be presented to the Documentation Review Committee. Should we need additional information, we will reach out to you directly.
- When your documentation has been approved, the director of DSS will contact you, and you will be able to schedule an in-person or virtual initial interview. This meeting will include an interactive discussion regarding available accommodations and any other information deemed necessary for equal access.
- During your initial interview, you will be provided a service contract outlining your approved accommodations. After you have signed the contract, you can submit a semester request to have your accommodation notice sent to your instructors.
NOTE: If you prefer to drop off your information in person, print the intake packet, attach it to your supporting documentation, and bring it to the Tony Rand Student Center, Room 127.
Documentation is accepted throughout the semester, but these months provide the best outcomes:
- Starting in April for the Fall semester
- Starting in September for the Spring semester
- Starting in February for the Summer term
Scheduling an appointment
To schedule an appointment with the director of the Disability Support Services, click here
Disability Support Services adapts college services to the specialized, individual needs of otherwise-qualified students with disabilities, as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Subpart E), the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and the NC Persons with Disabilities Protection Act.
The College does not exclude otherwise qualified persons with disabilities, solely by reason of the disability, from participating in College programs and activities; nor are persons with disabilities denied the benefits of these programs or subjected to discrimination.
FTCC Welcomes Comments & Suggestions
To report inaccessibility or to send comments and suggestions on accessibility, please use the form below.
- Accessibility Matters Facebook Page
- The ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- Department of Education requirements for accessible EIT design
- Designing for Screen Reader Compatibility
- H.R. 3104: Twenty-first Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
- International Policies relating to Web Accessibility
- North Carolina General Statute § 168A-7; Section 3, Discrimination in Public Services
- Screen Reader Usability Tips
- Statewide Technical Architecture for Software Applications
- Students with Disabilities Scholarships & Resources
- Telecommunications Act of 1996 Section 255
- The United States Access Board W3C Accessibility